BYD is officially launching its all-new 3.0 electronics platform – shown at the 2021 Shanghai Auto Show in April – for next-generation electric cars.
It is already used in the BYD Dolphin model which is entering the market in China and the company will soon introduce other models in various sizes ranging from small to large.
The BYD 3.0 platform enables the development of cars with a range of over 1,000 km (622 miles), dual-engine, all-wheel drive with 0-100 km / h acceleration in 2.9 seconds and speed 150 km (93 mile) fast charge in 5 minutes.
As we understand, BYD will also offer this solution to other manufacturers.
“With exceptional advantages in terms of intelligence, efficiency, safety and aesthetics, the electronic platform 3.0 aims to promote the performance of NEVs in terms of safety and autonomy at low temperatures, as well as to improve intelligent driving experiences, to build new, more efficient and safer intelligent electric vehicles. Therefore, the next-generation BYD electronic platform covers vehicles of various sizes ranging from small to large and will always be open to the industry to facilitate the development of intelligent electric vehicles around the world. “
BYD 3.0 electronic platform
The strengths of the BYD 3.0 platform are:
- Vehicle operating system developed by BYD (extensible, scalable and fully open to developers)
- key modules are smaller, lighter, stronger and consume less power
- new heat pump technology as standard
the cruising range is “up to 20% longer” in winter
- a new upgrade 8 in 1 module for the drive system
- overall efficiency increased to over 89%
power consumption per 100 km (62 miles) is “reduced by 10%”
- 2.9 seconds from 0 to 100 km / h (62 mph) acceleration possible
- all-wheel drive
- a cruising range of up to over 1000 km miles (622 miles) possible (probably NEDC)
- 800 V battery system
- ultra-fast charging: 5 minutes to give it a range of 150 km (93 miles)
- BYD Blade Battery – lithium iron phosphate (LFP) chemistry in cell-to-pack (CTP) system – standard
- battery integrated into the structural design of the vehicle, doubling the torsional rigidity of the body
- redefined vehicle design aesthetics: “shorter front overhangs, a wider wheelbase, a lower center of gravity, more space, a feeling of movement and dynamics, as well as a coefficient of drag (Cd) as low as 0 , 21 “
One of the founding elements of the platform is the Blade Battery, produced at a rate of 35 GWh per year in Chongqing, China.
During the presentation, the company unveiled a new all-electric BYD Ocean-X concept, based on the BYD 3.0 platform.
This is a high performance mid-size sports sedan (smaller than the BYD Han). The Chinese automaker does not say when a production version could arrive.
âBuilt on the 3.0 electronic platform, the unveiled Ocean-X concept is a mid-size sport sedan with high performance. The Ocean-X brings whole new performance and intelligent driving experiences thanks to the fully bladed batteries. integrated into the body car, an 8-in-1 electric powertrain and all-wheel drive architecture. “